July 31st, 2014

Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Saturday, Mar 22nd, 2014.
Be memorized by class on Monday!

Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Monday, Jan 6th, 2014.
See below for the assigned parts practice tracks.

Lady, Lovely art Thine Eyes
T - Michael, Caleb
Baritone - Jonah, Ben, Jeff, Matt
Bass - Tyler, Taylor, Evan

O Lovely Rose
S1 - Denali, Krystal, Lexus,
S2 - Carly, Julie, Miranda, Sierra,
A - Echo, Logann, Sarah, Skylar, Tasha

Sigh No More, Ladies
S1 - Bre, Adrianna, Caitlyn, Sophea
S2 - Kennedy, Cameryn, Roze, Nicole
A - Hailey, Alondra, Rachel, Natalie

Now Is the Month of Maying
S1 - Alexis, Emilie, Jessica, Valarie
S2 - Aliena, Hannah, Jodi, Julianne,
A - Ananya, Anna, Maddie

Advanced Women, listen to THIS for style: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmPn0Zu4Wy8

Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Monday, Nov 4th, 2013.
Congratulations to the following students who will be representing WHS at All-State this year!

Symphonic Choir:
Jodi Babbitt
Ananya Sengupta
Evan Takayoshi

Treble Choir:
Aliena Lowell

We know you will represent WHS beautifully in February!
Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Friday, Oct 25th, 2013.
Videos from the Fall Concert are now available on the WHS Choir YouTube Channel!

Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Monday, Jun 10th, 2013.
Check out this great NY Times article about why music makes us feel good! An interesting read based upon what we already feel and sense, plus some interesting neurological evidence to back it up. Enjoy!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/opinion/sunday/why-music-makes-our-brain-sing.html?_r=0
Posted by Kyra Rengstorf on Thursday, Mar 21st, 2013.
Here is the link for Pathways videos! Essays are due Monday, March 25th.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8KgL_gkVRI_Z0JGUGpIVV9kLUU/edit?usp=sharing
Posted by Kyra Settle on Wednesday, Nov 21st, 2012.
Please see the "Recordings and Media" tab to listen to recordings!

Work on memorization of all lyrics for:

Cantate Domino
Carol of the Bells
Christmas Finale
Still, Still, Still
Posted by Kyra Settle on Monday, Oct 22nd, 2012.
Information and Application Packet

Posted by Kyra Settle on Tuesday, Sep 18th, 2012.
Choir Retreat Details

What: Games, Rehearsals, Sectionals, and a Clinic with a Seattle-area choir director, oh my!

When and where: Saturday, Sept 22nd: 8am-4pm
Drop off at WHS at 8am
Bus to Camp Brotherhood, Mt. Vernon, WA
Bus returns to WHS at 4pm

What to bring: Lunch, and a snack to share. Water bottle, choir music, and a pencil. Sweatshirt and comfy shoes.

This is a reCHOIRed event!

Questions? ksettle@nsd.org, 425-408-7490
Posted by Kyra Settle on Monday, Apr 9th, 2012.

The Annual Spring Pops Concert will be held Thursday, May 24th. Call time for singers is 4:45pm at the Northshore Baptist Church

Posted by Kyra Settle on Monday, Mar 12th, 2012.
The Pathways Concert will be held on Thursday, March 15th at 7pm at the Northshore Performing Arts Center (NPAC) located at Bothell High School. Parents may enjoy refreshments in the lobby before the performance.

REHEARSAL CALL TIME: 6pm

CONCERT TIME: 7pm

ATTIRE: Concert Black
Posted by Kyra Settle on Tuesday, Oct 4th, 2011.

Check out the "Choir Documents 2011-2012" section for a pdf of instructions on how to measure yourself for a tuxedo or dress. Here's the list of people who need to do some measuring:

Babbit, Jodie

Owns

Bruce, Jessica  1
 Doyle, Shahaela Measure
 Ferguson, Erica Owns
 Goeke, Lexus Owns
 Jahnsen, Taylor Measure
 Johnson, Julie Measure
 LaBarge, Shannon Owns
 Laliberte, Nicole  Owns
 Landguth, Alyssa Owns
 Leyton, Tasha Measure
 Matson, Emma Owns
 Porter, Sarah Measure
 Sharadin, Jessica Owns
 Townsend, Nicole Measure

Men  Shirt Pants Coat
 Edwards, Jean Purchase Measure  Measure
 James, Joey 2 Measure 2
 Porter, Terah 1 Measure 7561621
 Snyder, Jacob Owns Owns Owns
 Venable, Garrett  Owns  Owns  47468710
 Wade, Julian  Owns  Owns  Owns

White, Jobie

Bramwell, Benjamin

Owns

Measure

Owns

Measure

Owns

Measure

Ladies: remember that you are repsonsible for black tights and appropriate black shoes (nothing too tall, you'll be standing for a while and need to be comfortable)

Gentlemen: you are responsible for a white tuxedo shirt, black bow tie and cumberbund(I have a few extras that I can check out to you - please see me if you cannot purchase), as well as black socks and black DRESS shoes.  No sneakers!

Posted by Kyra Settle on Thursday, Sep 22nd, 2011.
UPCOMING CHOIR EVENT!

The Concert Choir will be performing at the Woodinville High School football game on Thursday, September 29th. Students will be singing the national anthem with the Timbercrest Junior High and the Leota Junior High choirs!! Students - be sure to wear your GREEN! (and blue, and white!) Go Falcons!!

* Students should arrive at Box Office NO LATER than 6:30pm.
* Students are required from 6:30pm until the end of the National Anthem. At this time, they are allowed to stay at the game, however parents please note that they WILL NOT be supervised after this time. Please make arrangements accordingly.
* I will be at the game the entire time, and students are welcome to sit with me, but again - I will NOT be supervising them during the game.
* Parents are encouraged to come for the performance and stay for the game!
* Students may dress casually (but must observe dress code) and should be attired in KELLY GREEN to show support to the Falcons!

Pop Keeney Stadium

9809 N.E. 188th St.
Bothell 98011

Gate time: Ticket sales/gates open two hours prior to game time.

From North or South I-405:

· Take Exit 23 Westbound onto SR 522

· Follow SR 522 Westbound to Bothell-Everett Highway (SR 527) (2nd stop light)
Go Right (North)

· Turn Left onto NE 188th Street

· The entrance to Pop Keeney Stadium will be on your left

From Lake City/Bothell Way

· Follow SR 522 Eastbound to Bothell-Everett Highway (SR 527). Go Left (North)

· Turn Left onto NE 188th Street

· The entrance to Pop Keeney Stadium will be on your left
Posted by Kyra Settle on Monday, Sep 12th, 2011.
We've been watching and discussing videos in class, and I wanted to give you the opportunity to have a link to them as well:

The TMEA All-State Mixed Ensemble singing "Wade in de Water" arranged by Allen Koepke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFHtukqw-H0

The men's barbershop ensemble from Kamiak High School (Mukilteo) singing "Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel." The boys took 1st in state for small men's ensemble at the 2011 Solo & Ensemble contest in Ellensburg, WA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_5bsy7vNxk&feature=related
Posted by Kyra Settle on Tuesday, Sep 6th, 2011.
It's time for the WMEA All-State Auditions!! Every year, students from all over Washington state have the opportunity to audition for an All-State choir. Students will rehearse and perform in Yakima during the annual Washington Music Educators Association conference. This is an EXCELLENT opportunity for students to rehearse and perform as part of a high-level, large ensemble under the direction of some very excellent choral conductors. This is not a requirement for choir class, however I want to encourage all interested students to apply! Here's how it works:

* Sign up for a time to record your audition with Ms. Settle in the choir room. We will record Monday, Sept 12th and Tuesday, Sept 13th from 2:00-3:40 in her office (music building room M10).
* Go to www.wmea.org. Find the left-hand column and hover over "Student Events" then go to "WMEA All-State." Find your grade level category, and download and read the application instructions and the audition materials.
* PRACTICE!
* Record your audition with Ms. Settle during your time-slot. All you need to bring is your prepared singing audition - I'll do the rest.

PARENTS: Please contact me if your student would like to participate but needs financial assistance with the application fee ($15), or if he or she is accepted, the participation fee ($35) and/or room and board for the duration of the event (Price varies). Your information will be kept strictly confidential - we want your students to participate!!
Posted by Kyra Settle on Tuesday, Sep 6th, 2011.
Welcome to the 2011-2012 Woodinville High School Concert Choir! We are about to begin our fourth day of singing and already the choir sounds great. We have a lot to do to prepare for the upcoming year. Here are some things that you should be keeping in mind:

* The handbook form (final page of handbook) must be signed by the student and parent/guardian and returned to Ms. Settle this week.
* Fieldtrip permission slips will be distributed Monday the 12th and must be returned by the 14th. It is essential that we have this paperwork on file, because our first performance is coming up soon!
* Parents: Please be sure you have submitted your email/phone contact information to Ms. Settle so she can add you to the choir email list!

Great things are happening in the Woodinville choir! Let's have a wonderful year!!

Ms. Settle