THE 2013 SEASON IS UNDERWAY!
- Varsity: Daily, 2:30 - 5:30 PM
- JV: Daily, 3:30 - 5:30 PM
- JV-C: Daily, 3:15-5:00 PM
|2||Julia Howard *||12||MB/OH||5-9|
|4||Hannah McCausland *||11||OH||5-8|
* Denotes Captain
JUNIOR VARSITY ROSTER
|3||Kaylee Roe *||10||DS||5-4|
* Denotes Captain
2013 - 2014 IHS Girls' Varsity Volleyball Team
2013 - 2014 IHS Girls' JV Volleyball Team
|Saturday||7-Sep||KingCo Varsity Jamboree||Bothell HS||9:00 AM|| 4-2|
|Thursday||12-Sep||Mariner HS||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM||W(3-0); 0-0,1-0|
KingCo C-Team Jamboree
|Eastlake HS||3:00 PM|| 4-2|
|Tuesday||17-Sep||Edmonds-Woodway||Edmonds-Woodway||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| L (1-3); 0-0, 1-1|
|Thursday||19-Sep||Monroe HS||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| L (1-3); 0-0, 1-2|
|Saturday||21-Sep||Kent-Meridian JV Tournament||Kent-Meridian HS||All Day|| 3rd Place|
|Saturday||21-Sep||Kent Classic Varsity Tournament||Kentlake HS||All Day|| 2-2 pool, 1-1 playoffs|
|Monday||23-Sep||Ballard HS (Jr High Night) *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| L (2-3): 0-1, 1-3|
|Wednesday||25-Sep||Roosevelt HS *||Roosevelt HS||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| W (3-1); 1-1, 2-3|
|Wednesday||2-Oct||Garfield HS *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| W (3-0); 2-1, 3-3|
|Saturday||5-Oct||Monroe Varsity Tournament||Monroe HS||All Day|| 2nd Place|
|Monday||7-Oct||Skyline HS *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Wednesday||9-Oct||Issaquah HS *||Issaquah HS||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Monday||14-Oct||Eastlake HS *||Eastlake HS||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Wednesday||16-Oct||Redmond HS (Dig Pink) *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Saturday||19-Oct||Lake Stevens C-Team Tournament||Lake Stevens||All Day|| |
|Monday||21-Oct||Newport HS *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Wednesday||23-Oct||Woodinville HS *||Woodinville HS||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Thursday||24-Oct||Juanita||Juanita HS||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Monday||28-Oct||Bothell HS (Senior Night) *||Inglemoor||5:30 / 7:00 PM|| |
|Wednesday||30-Oct||KingCo Tie Breakers if necessary||TBA||TBA|| |
|Sat/Tu/TH||2,5,7-Oct||KingCo Tournament||TBA||TBA|| Top 8 teams|
|Fri/Sat||15,16-Oct||WIAA State Tournament||St. Martins College||TBA|| |
Home Matches are in BOLD
* Indicates KingCo League Match
EVENT SCHEDULES ARE PROVIDED BELOW -- when provided by tournament hostsC
VARSITY MATCH RECAP/NOTES
- 9/7 Jamboree: Two weeks and 11 tough practices paid off as the Viking Varsity had a great debut at the KingCo Jamboree. While the Jamboree is simply a pre-season "dress-rehearsal" the significance of being able to play other teams and to measure our progress was not lost. We had the opportunity to play six different teams in a 1 to 25 format and went 4-2. Wins included Interlake (25-12), Bellevue (25-17), Roosevelt (25-15), and Bothell (25-19). Losses were to Jackson (25-17) and Eastlake (21-25). Wins or losses, lessons were learned and we are motivated and ready for our season opener on September 12th. Mark the date on your calendar as we host Mariner HS of Everett.
- 9/12 Home opener vs. Mariner: The Viking program brought out the brooms on Thursday night as all three teams swept their matches against the visiting Mariner Marauders. A perfect 9-0 is a great way to start the season -- congratulations to all players on all three teams. The Varsity won their match 25-16, 25-23, 25-23 and stepped up to every challenge that Mariner presented. The team has been working hard at picking up the system and meeting the new expectations and their hard work and perserverence paid off in the sweep. They remained supportive of each other and confident that they would gain a victory. Hitting was a bit of an issue and will be the focus for improvement in the coming weeks. Hitting stars were Haley Harris (9 kills) and Hannah McCausland (8K); passing stars were Haley Harris and Whitnee Wheat, who both passed over 2.0. Zoe Kendall led the offense with 29 assists and Whitnee led the defense with 18 digs. Next match is Tuesday, September 17th at Edmonds-Woodway HS. Join us1!
- 9/17 at Edmonds-Woodway HS: The Vikings did not fare as well on their first road trip of the year. All three teams lost their matches to the Warriors, with Varsity losing 1-3; JV lost 1-2, and JVC lost 0-3. Edmonds-Woodway presented a good opportunity for the Varsity to improve as the Warriors had several seniors, all with extensive varsity experience. This is probably a match we could/should have won; despite the experience of the Warriors, and a few key injuries for the Vikings, the scores were close as the Warriors won 21-25, 26-24, 25-22, 25-23. Leading the way for the Vikings were Haley Harris with 9 Kills, Whitnee Wheat with 25 Digs, and Zoe Kendall with 20 Assists.
- 9/19 Home vs. Monroe: Another great test as the Inglemoor Vikings continue to improve against quality WesCo opponents. Unfortunately, the Monroe Bearcats came away with all three teams winning. At the Varsity level, they defeated the Vikings 3-1 with scores of 25-18, 19-25, 25-13, 25-19. The Vikings competed hard and got significantly better; the Bearcats were a great defensive and offensive team and challenged the Vikings at every turn. Stat stars for the Vikings were Haley Harris with 11 Kills and 12 Digs, Kate Carpenter with 16 Digs, and Julia Howard with 5 Kills.
- 9/21 at Kent Classic Tournament: A last minute change in the schedule as we were accepted into the prestigious Kent Classic Tournament, billed as the premier high school tournament in Western Washington and featuring 30 total teams (www.kentclassic.com),. First round of pool, we finished third in pool with a 1-3 record with losses to Oregon top-5 team Clackamas and SPSL 4A power Puyallup (split). That finish placed us as the #3 seed in pool 4 of Division 2. The marked improvement we have been showing over the last week came to fruition during the second half of the tournament as we swept Mt. Si (#2 ranked team in 3A) and split with Issaquah -- winning the pool and placing ourselves into the Gold Bracket. In bracket play, the Vikings defeated Bonney Lake handilly 25-12, 25-22; then met their match against a very athletic Eastside Catholic team, losing in 3 - 16-25, 25022, 7-15. The team played well throughout the day and competed well even in the matches they lost. The Vikings finished 18th overall. Notable finishes for KingCo teams: Slyline - 7th; Newport - 13th; Garfield - 23rd; Bothell - 25th; Issaquah - 26th.
- Next up for the Vikings is the start of KingCo play as we host Ballard Monday (9/23) and travel to Roosevelt Wednesday (9/25). Come out and support the Vikings on Monday as we welcome our Junior High athletes and staff.